AS Legislative Affairs Council
8 Students At-Large
1 Graduate Student
1 Western Votes! Representative
1 Ethnic Student Center Representative
Legislative Affairs Council serves to increase student representation by:
- Encouraging civic engagement and student participation in the political process.
- Creating, reviewing, and proposing Local, State, Federal, and other proposed Legislative and Administrative Agendas to the Associated Students of Western Washington University (ASWWU) Board of Directors.
- Submitting recommendations to the Washington Student Association (WSA) regarding the statewide Legislative Agenda.
- Establishing contact with elected officials to ensure that student perspectives are being considered at all levels of government.
- Formulating policy positions for all matters concerning students in higher education for approval by the AS Board of Directors.
- Reviewing funding request proposals, making financial decisions, and monitoring the expenditures of student funds paid to the Legislative Action Fund.
- Approving a budget for the Legislative Action Fund in areas designed to more directly represent Western Students at the local, state and federal level, which follows the LAF budget policy.
To apply for this (or any other) committee, fill out this form.